Sunday 7 December 2008

Busy doing nothing

Had a busy week doing nothing I can really remember! Trebah Gardens again for HE group but I hadn't booked the lantern making as I thought K would get bored after a few minutes. No one else really there so we didn't hang around long but got a lovely book from the gift shop while we were there. Never have too many books can you?!
Friday found K with a raging temperature and then Sat' afternoon E joined him. C has had it all week as well, I hate them being ill but when there are 3 lots of man flu to contend with I just want to escape for a while, so I swung the axe about and chopped logs.
Finally started putting the wood protector on the gate yesterday but it wasn't quite dry in a few spots before the condensation of the night began so some spots will have to be done again. Trouble is it's winter and all these sorts of jobs are really late summer ones, oh well. Table and benches all oiled as well. My list of winter jobs is growing, we should really dig over and manure the veg plot we had the fire on, I want at least one of them ready to use next year. Part of the scaff plank has rotted away but I reckon it'll be fine with a quick repair job, I'm hoping the weeds aren't holding all the scaff planks together!

The leaves on the pear tree are growing bigger, soft ears of green braving the winter. The strawberry leaves are finally turning autumnal, the decadence of being in the greenhouse means they carry on for quite a while!

My season table swop is yet to arrive but my recipient liked hers, phew :)

Woolies for GPLETS finished as well. http://www.flickr.com/photos/14095482@N05/3089118589/

I can't believe I got 10 minutes peace to type this up, fingers crossed the boys are better tomorrow.

No comments: