Sunday 18 March 2012

March 2012

Time is still flying.....
The kittens are doing really well and we have narrowly avoided them having kittens of their own over the last couple of weeks so they have been to the vets and won't be adding more kittenage to the world, there are more than enough unwanted cats as it is.
My feelings towards home ed spin around constantly, never truly happy with the all or nothing nature of home ed OR school. The current school system is proven wrong on so many levels but they are just stuck in the 'must tick boxes' mentality. Not sure if the antagonistic behaviour between the boys is exaggerated due to them being in each others company all of the time.
I'm halving my time spent working for someone else so I now have more time to work for me doing something I love rather than dread. Hopefully it won't be long before I can say goodbye all together.
I've started the mammoth blanket that is the Beekeepers Quilt http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/the-beekeepers-quilt  only a few hundred to go :)


Winter has been weird, the weather not really cold enough, we've only had a couple of frosts and no snow this year, boys very disappointed.
We've been to Eden a couple of times, skating which was hysterical, I was sure I could skate but apparently my legs failed to remember! The chocolate trail was fun as well.



We need to move fruit trees from the field to the front garden, have already got spuds and broad beans in.
Lots of gardening needed over the next few weeks, spring is peeking her eyes open but it's flipped to being bitterly cold.
Edan's birthday was a trip out to Paradise Park, we loved the otters and they loved the soft play, it never ceases to amaze me that Edan will just throw himself off sheer drops.



We've decided that we have to repair the house, we have to basically destroy the front room and re build it! Then there is upstairs, there may be chimney issues there will need to be re plastering, also the roof and knocking down the studio entirely and then re building it as a summer house with a roof that doesn't leak woohoo! It will be a usable space at last! We haven't yet finalised who is going to do the work but I am already picking paint, carpets and A NEW SOFA! This sofa is about 15 years old now and it shows, I am so looking forward to a new sofa, I may have to put little mittens on the kittens though!
 
Storm in morning frost, I was out photographing the full moon just after dawn

2 comments:

Dawn said...

I was thinking of you the other day and checked if you were still blogging - so lovely to "see" you again. Love the beekeepers quilt - are you spinning for it or buying commercial yarn?

Take care xxx

Claire said...

Sounds like you have great plans afoot. Best of luck with it all, building work is my idea of a nightmare, but something we are contemplating too!

Great pictures, and love the Cornish chough.